Plans for today is:
Styled like a ‘field day’ that many schools hold, we divide youth into groups and have them go through a set of culture activities, each designed to promote teamwork. At the end of the activities loop, we have lunch, and kids will have an hour to eat and make friends. Since our program is entirely outdoors (except when weather makes it impactable), our games are based on different kinds of physical activities.
Just One outdoor summer activities are designed to encourage youth to collaborate with others in fun group activities. We provide opportunities for youth to work with friends, new and old, on games and projects intended to expand and develop their inner genius while also fostering creativity.
How it works:
You pick what days you want to attend, weather its every Monday, Wednesday and Fridays or only once a week — totally up to you!
- Register youth online under the calendar tab that says “Register For Summer Fun With Just One”
- Drop-off is 10 am.
- Pick-up is 1 pm.
- Groups will be made of 6 to 12 youth supervised by 2 instructors.
- Activities, project materials, field trips and prizes also provided free.
- Lunch and snacks all provided free.
- Transportation is available for the following zip codes: 99207, 99217, 99202, 99205, 99201, 99204. Note that space on the bus is limited.
Back Up Plan if bad weather:
Wonderland Family Fun Center: Laser tag, mini golf, arcade games.
Located: 10515 N Division St, Spokane, WA 99218
Reservations: Must be made for this field trip the day before, you will receive a reservation email the day before.
Bus: If on the list for receiving transportation of the Just One Bus, you will receive a text message, email or call about the change in plans due to weather. If you are not on the pick-up list and need transportation on a day when plans are changed due to weather, text or email to arrange transportation on the Just One Bus at email@example.com.
Back Up Back Up Plan if bus does not work:
“Projects In A Bag”
All youth who register for Just One’s Summer Programs will be put on the delivery list for “Projects in a bag,” our Back Up Back Up Plan. “Projects in a bag” are just that: projects with instructions and material to do at home, dropped off on your porch, as we did during covid-19.
If you are not home, bags will be left on your porch. There will not be a specific time of drop off as staff will have to put bags together that morning, plan routes, split up, and make deliveries by the end of the day.
- If weather is bad we will transition to indoor activities, aka “Back Up Plan.”
- If the bus breaks down we will move to “Project in a Bag,” aka “Back Up Back Up Plan.”
- We will do our best to notify you the day before a switch in location or delivery.
- If registering online does not work out you’re welcome to show up and register in-person.
Transportation and special needs accommodations are available but you need to let us know ahead of time! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.